10 Stunning Crater Lakes Around the World
Crater lakes appear when a caldera, a cauldron-like crater formed by the collapse of land following a volcanic eruption, becomes filled with water. Featured above are some of the most stunning, naturally formed crater lakes around the world.
- Crater Lake (Okama), Mount Zao, Honshu, Japan
- Kelimutu Crater Lake, Flores Island, Indonesia
- Crater Lake, Mount Ruapehu, New Zealand
- Crater Lake, Mount Pinabuto, Luzon, Philippines
- Quilotoa Crater Lake, Ecuador
- Vulcan Point within Crater Lake, Taal Volcano, Luzon, Philippines
- Viti Geothermal Crater Lake, Askja, Iceland
- Crater Lakes in the Albertine Rift, Africa
- Kerid Crater Lake, Iceland
- Crater Lake, Mount Mazama, Oregon, USA
A light, healthy dinner with a vegetarian platter featuring Grilled Asparagus, Baked Ricotta, Tomato Tabbouleh Salad, Soft Boiled Eggs with Dukkah and the most deliciously fragrant Grilled Eggplant with Yogurt and Sundried Tomatoes. We found this at a healthy mediterranean restaurant in Hua Hin and I was so excited by all the wonderful vegetarian and vegan offerings that my mother has promised us a trip back there, just for the food.